It’s no secret, my husband is the “real” chef (a term I use loosely in this case) in our household and he’s always coming across and creating some great meals. While I love my crock pot and can make some great meals with it, I am very limited in my comfort (and the tastiness level) when it’s taken away from me. Joseph, however, can just cook almost anything. And he enjoys it! This has sparked a new series for our blog called “He Cooks, She Eats”, and it’s just as it sounds! He cooks it…and I eat, criticize, rate, love, snap pictures and blog the recipe. I know, I got the good end of the bargain!
This meal is one we came across in one of my favorite magazines, Real Simple, and we were looking for something quick and yummy to make for dinner and this recipe for Linguine With Summer Vegetables and Goat Cheese looked as if it would fit the bill. It certainly did! We both loved this and Joseph said it was super quick and easy! It took about 20 minutes total time. For such a yummy and quick meal, it is definitely one we will use again!
We added some extra veggies, so here is our take!
Easy & Quick Linguine with Summer Veggies
Serves 4 | Hands-On Time: Total Time: 20 mins
- 3/4 pound linguine
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh corn (from 2 ears) **We used canned corn for convenience**
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 zucchini, cut into thin ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1 squash, also cut into thin ribbons with a vegetable peeler **Our addition**
- 1 cucumber, also cut into thin slices **Our addition**
- 1 eggplant, also sliced thinly **Our addition**
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Feta cheese, crumbled **Our addition**
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ¾ cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 350° F. Spread the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing occasionally, until fragrant, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the corn, garlic, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until the corn is tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add the corn, tomatoes, zucchini, squash, cucumber, eggplant and ½ cup of the cooking water to the pasta. Cook over medium heat, gently tossing, until the liquid is slightly thickened and coats the pasta, 2 to 3 minutes (adding more cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce).
- Serve sprinkled with the oregano, walnuts, and goat cheese. We sprinkled a little feta cheese as well for additional flavor.
I am a pasta lover anyway, but this Linguine with Summer Veggies recipe is a great, quick and easy meal for a summer day! 20 minutes and dinner is ready! Let me know if you try it and love it as much as we did! Or, if you did anything differently you would love to share for the next time we make it! Enjoy!
He Cooks, She Eats